- Riversway - Preston
- £8.28 per hour to increase after successful completion of probationary period
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
The purpose of the role is to ensure we have a clean, tidy and safe environment in which to work whilst working as part of the warehouse team to raise the standards through good housekeeping with a proactive approach to the daily and weekly cleaning requirements.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
1. To ensure activities undertaken improves and maintains a clean and safe workplace within the operation.
2. To work in a safe manner in accordance to Health & Safety regulations and relevant training provided.
3. To work effectively to the daily/weekly hygiene schedules, ensuring that all criteria has been met and adequately signed off.
4. To react to matters that require urgent attention i.e. spillages/product damage.
5. To maintain the tidiness of the exterior perimeter of the site, ensuring all debris, litter etc. is collected.
6. To ensure that all cleaning equipment is maintained and accounted for.
7. To operate cleaning machinery in accordance to manufacturers training and directives, reporting any faults or damage in the first instance to a Supervisor.
8. To achieve a smart and professional image at all times and be an effective role model for hygiene at all times.
9. To adapt and provide support within the operation, undertaking tasks relevant to the success of the business.
10. Any additional services to support the Manufacturing Team.
11. Ensure work is carried out with the purpose firmly at the heart of everything you do.
You need to show us that you have the following:
E = Essential
D = Desirable
Health & Safety Level 2 E
GCSE Math & English D
Any other relevant qualification D
Knowledge of Logistics E
Knowledge of current H&S legislation E
Ability to communicate clearly and confidently E
Ability to plan and organise work effectively E
Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines E
Ability to delegate effectively and motivate people E
Experience of working in a warehouse environment E
Experience of working independently as well as within a team E
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..