- Central Office - Preston
- Central Office
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
To actively manage and provide administrative support to Buyers in the Trading function, therefore enabling and supporting the profitability of the business.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service with 20% off all purchases
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
1. To be an active member of the buying team ensuring that support and co-operation is given to other members to assist in the achievement of departmental objectives.
2. To ensure activity undertaken ultimately contributes to internal and external customer satisfaction.
3. To manage designated short-term projects as determined by the Buyers and the Buying Admin Manager.
4. To achieve and maintain professional standards across all aspects of this role in respect of work undertaken, timescales adhered to and dealings with employees at all levels of the business in a manner appropriate to their needs.
5. To manage Buyers’ diaries to ensure supplier meetings take place at appropriate intervals and support the Buyers in preparation for the meetings. To attend supplier meetings when needed.
6. To respond effectively to telephone and written supplier queries.
7. To co-ordinate product tastings when needed/ attend range reviews/ ensure product details are accurately updated on all buying systems including listings of new products.
8. To co-ordinate the administration of data entry for all products into Booths systems and maintain the product database; update buying systems with agreed price changes/ administer the weekly price reconciliation report for Buyers.
9. To ensure the Daily updates to stores have all relevant information from Buyers/ maintain filing/ provide other general admin support to Buyers.
10. To demonstrate and role model the Booths values.
You need to show us that you have the following:
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (essential)
Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Applications (essential)
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. (essential)
Excellent organisational skills (essential)
Attention to Detail (essential)
Proven ability to work as part of a multi disciplined team (essential)
Ability to plan & organise work effectively & efficiently (essential)
Ability to plan time effectively, prioritise workload & work to deadlines (essential)
Ability to work independently (essential)
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..