- Bluebell Way - Preston
- Manufacturing & Logistics
- Full time - 40 hours, 5 days over 7. Part time positions also available
- Vacancy Type
- Full and Part Time
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
We're proud of the quality and freshness of our products, and as a Class 1 or 2 Driver you'll play a huge role in making sure our customers are always happy. You'll deliver fresh and ambient goods to our network of stores in the North of England, taking pride in making sure your deliveries are always correct and on time. You'll also take pride in your vehicle, that's it's clean and always meets our very high standards of safety and roadworthiness. Your driving, of course, will be impeccable.
You'll not only be the face of logistics to our customers (stores), you'll understand that you're an ambassador for Booths - professional, warm and friendly at all times. And you'll be proud to be part of a team that does the right thing, in the right way, every day.
To complete a Daily Vehicle Check to ensure the vehicle is road worthy and all checks are in line with the Daily Vehicle Check procedure.
Ensure that all empties, cardboard and rubbish are uplifted from each store and returned to site.
At all times to be smart courteous, clean, respectful and professional.
To ensure compliance with Company Procedures and Legislation relating to Health &a Safety.
At all times to operate safely and legally in compliance with EU Drivers Hours, Tachograph & WTD Legislation.
To be responsible for internal and external cleanliness of allocated vehicle. Any problem or accidental damage must be reported immediately.
To be willing to work reasonable amount of overtime should the business require it.
Act as an ambassador for the Company when meeting customers and colleagues creating an excellent impression.
You need to show us that you have the following:
1. HGV C+E driving licence
2. Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) clearly and confidently
3. Ability to act on own initiative
4. Smart Appearance: professional presentation
5. Personable: presents a likeable image with the ability to establish a rapport easily
6. Enthusiasm: ability to display enthusiasm for the position/company
7. Flexibility: ability to demonstrate a flexible attitude to work, and working hours
8. Willing to undertake required training for the role
9. Positive Attitude: promoting & engaging in the company’s strategic objectives
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..