- Kirkby Lonsdale
- £7.98 (24 yrs and under) & £8.28 (25 yrs and over) increased after successful completion of a probationary period.
- 15 hours per week
- Vacancy Type
- Part Time
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
As a Customer Assistant in our Specialist Department, which involves working on across our food counters, you'll have no trouble making our customers feel special too. It's a busy and interesting role, with lots of variety - you'll be making and serving food, taking money, and of course always making sure the counters are spotlessly clean.
It is desirable that you will have worked in a similar role previously but it is not essential as training will be provided.
As the Specialist positions will involve the use of knives and cutting equipment we can only accept applications from individuals aged 18 years and over.
Our customers will be your main focus, and everything you do will be with them in mind. If they're happy, then we're a truly happy family - and that's what Booths is all about.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
You will be responsible for the following:
Ensuring that customers are served in an efficient, friendly and polite manner
Professionally dealing with all our customer enquiries
Ensuring that goods are displayed to company standards
Taking part in quarterly stock takes
Maintaining all required records accurately
Ensuring that goods are rotated and handled with care to minimise damages
Complying fully with food hygiene and health and safety requirements at all times
Helping the store build a strong relationship with the local community
You need to show us that you have the following:
1. Knowledge of Booths (essential)
2. Knowledge of the retail trade (desirable)
3. Ability to communicate clearly and confidently (essential)
4. Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively (essential)
5. Ability to serve customers in a friendly, polite and approachable manner (essential)
6. Ability to demonstrate a flexible attitude to work, and working hours (essential)
7. Experience of working in a retail environment (desirable)
8. Experience of working in food retail (desirable)
9. Experience of working in a team situation (essential)
10. Experience or working in a customer service environment (desirable)
GCSE Maths & English grades A-C or equivalent (desirable)
Basic Food Hygiene certificate (desirable)
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..