- Bluebell Way - Preston
- 8.98 p/h
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
That's because we have a reputation for providing food of an extremely high quality. As a Food Production Operative in the Ambient Goods Packing department, you'll make sure that our own-label fresh and dried foods are not only prepared to a very high standard, they are beautifully packaged too.
You'll understand the importance of good food, good hygiene and the importance of minimising waste, like we all do. You'll work well as part of a team, while showing initiative when it matters. And most importantly, you'll be able to appreciate the way we do things, value our reputation and be proud to be Booths.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
1. To assist in the day to day operation of the designated area:
Maintain standards of service in the area
Ensure the section is operated in accordance with company standards
To ensure all parts of the area are clean and tidy
2. To ensure goods are displayed attractively to company standards maintaining food hygiene principles at all times
3. To ensure the product is packed to company standards to minimise waste and ensure the product reaches the stores in a saleable condition
4. To be an active member of the production team liaising and co-operating with other staff as required to ensure the efficient running of the department
5. To complete or maintain any records required timely and accurately
6. To be aware of the Health and Safety statutory requirements and other company policies in respect of health and Safety issues. To be an effective role model in this area
7. To undertake any training and development required to maintain effectiveness the role
8. To undertake any other duties within the department as reasonably directed by management in the interests of customer service or business efficiency
You need to show us that you have the following:
1. Knowledge of statutory regulations involved in food retailing.
2. Health and Safety basic certificate or equivalent.
3. Health and Hygiene basic certificate or equivalent.
4. Interpersonal Skills: ability to communicate verbally in a clear and effective way.
5. Record / document information accurately.
6. Smart and professional presentation
7. Willing to undertake required training for the role
8. Experience of working in a food production environment
9. Experience of working independently as well as within a team
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..