- Fulwood - Preston
- Vacancy Type
- Part Time
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
This particular role will predominantly be focused on tasting and sampling products from our licenced department with our customers as part of delivering an exceptional shopping experience. If you are considering applying for this role then you will need to demonstrate you have the confidence to talk to customers about our range of fantastic products, ensure exceptional departmental standards are maintained and be an active member of your store team.
The need for store security is increasing, therefore you will need to be able to demonstrate an awareness and be vigilant at all times to ensure stock loss is minimised.
An existing knowledge or qualification in licensed products would be an advantage, but is not essential as full training and support will be given.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service with 20% off all purchases
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
You will be responsible for the following:
Ensuring that customers are served in an efficient, friendly and polite manner
Professionally dealing with all our customer enquiries
Ensuring that goods are displayed to company standards
Taking part in quarterly stock takes
Maintaing all required records accurately
Ensuring that goods are rotated and handled with care to minimise damages
Complying fully with food hygiene and health and safety requirements at all times
Helping the store build a strong relationship with the local community
You need to show us that you have the following:
1. Knowledge of Booths (essential)
2. Knowledge of the retail trade (desirable)
3. Ability to communicate clearly and confidently (essential)
4. Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively (essential)
5. Ability to serve customers in a friendly, polite and approachable manner (essential)
6. Ability to demonstrate a flexible attitude to work, and working hours (essential)
7. Experience of working in a retail environment (desirable)
8. Experience of working in food retail (desirable)
9. Experience of working in a team situation (essential)
10. Experience or working in a customer service environment (desirable)
GCSE Maths & English grades A-C or equivalent (desirable)
Basic Food Hygiene certificate (desirable)
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..