- Under 25 £7.91 Over 25 £8.21
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
So, as a Greengrocer, you'll have no trouble making our customers feel special too. Your main area of focus will be the quality, presentation and customer experience in our fresh produce and horticultural areas of the store, your day will be filled with a variety of interesting tasks, from checking stock and keeping records to looking after health & safety and food hygiene, however there may be times when you will support your Trading team in other areas.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service with10% off our licensed department and 15% off all other departments in store.
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
1. To be accountable for the quality of produce and horticulture products on sale to customers in all areas of the store through regular shop floor quality checks.
2. To be responsible for managing shrink through finding alternate ways to sell such as sampling and re-packing.
3. To build an engaging and changing tasting / sampling program in the produce department engaging with customers and inspiring to buy.
4. To be the ‘fruit butchery’ expert in the store, utilising inspiring ways to present and sell produce.
5. Ensuring the highest levels of presentation, replenishment and stock rotation throughout the day for our customers, to include being the point of contact for Central teams in agreeing volumes.
6. To ensure departmental signage is engaging, impactful and consistent for our customers.
7. To work in accordance with departmental Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and guidance notes.
8. To adhere to all safe and legal practices
9. To offer all customers a special shopping experience
10. To respond to any customer queries and complaints in a professional manner directing them to the relevant department if necessary and in a timely manner.
11. Ensuring that all required records are updated and maintained accurately with specific reference to:
b. Reduced or wasted products
c. Daily inventory checks
d. Temperature checks
12. To be vigilant at all times and to help minimise stock loss
13. To be an active member of the store team undertaking any other duties within the store as reasonable directed by management in the interests of customer service and efficiency.
14. To demonstrate and role model the Booths values.
You need to show us that you have the following:
1. Knowledge of Booths (essential)
2. Knowledge of the retail trade (desirable)
3. Knowledge of Fresh Produce and horticulture (desirable)
4. Ability to communicate clearly and confidently (essential)
5. Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively (essential)
6. Ability to serve customers in a friendly, polite and approachable manner (essential)
7. Ability to demonstrate a flexible attitude to work, and working hours (essential)
8. Experience of working in a retail environment (desirable)
9. Experience of working in food retail (desirable)
10. Experience of working in a team situation (essential)
11. Experience or working in a customer service environment (desirable)
GCSE Maths & English grades A-C or equivalent (desirable)
Basic Food Hygiene certificate (desirable)
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..