- Central Office - Preston
- Central Office
- 37.5 per week
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity as a HR Advisor working within the Booths HR Team. This role is on a fixed term contract basis until December 2020. You will have at least 2 years in a HR Advisory role and provide a first class HR advisory service to line managers and colleagues on employee relations, HR policy and process, recruitment and the delivery of key project/administrative support for HR. Ensuring a consistent approach to how we manage our colleagues across the business.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
1. To provide first line support for line managers and colleagues on HR queries, policy, process, and recruitment; ensuring teams are equipped with sound HR advice to make informed decisions about their people fairly and consistently.
2. To support and coordinate the development, review and maintenance of our recruitment policies/procedures/standard letters and contracts, so that managers are equipped with the right tools to offer the best colleague experience.
3. Work in partnership with the HR Specialists and HR Business Partners to share and report insight from HR queries, HR KPI’s, management information and identify themes so they can support continuous improvement with the Management teams to ensure ownership of people decisions and learning’s across the regions and sites.
4. Support and co-ordinate the annual File Audit process and implementation, working with HR Specialists, so that we have the appropriate guidance and governance in place for this to be delivered consistently and in line with relevant legislation.
5. Own the updating of mybooths, ensuring that all documentation is kept up to date and in the right location so that it can be easily accessible to Managers and Colleagues.
6. To support with the administration and co-ordination of key HR activities and projects as per the people plans, e.g. Salary Review, Talent Management, Let’s Talk, Recruitment of key roles, Engagement surveys, change programmes.
7. To survey successful and unsuccessful candidates and feedback themes to the HR Specialists to help us improve our candidates experiences and attract the best candidates.
8. To train new managers in how to recruit the Booths way and to use the Booths recruitment system.
9. Manage the tracking of the HR budget.
10. To demonstrate and role model The Booths Purpose.
You need to show us that you have the following:
English - E
Mathematics - E
CIPD – Minimum Associate - E
Microsoft Office - E
Employment law - E
Employee relations - E
IT - E
Communication - E
Time management - E
Planning - E
Administration - E
Honesty - E
Courage - E
Trusting - E
Making decisions - E
Caring - E
Understanding - E
Listening - E
Learning - E
Owning - E
Involving - E
Mindful - E
Supporting - E
Retail experience - D
Administration experience - E
Minimum 2 years in an HR Advisory role - E
Key: E = Essential, D = Desirable
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..