- Central Office - Preston
- Central Office
- 37.5 per week
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to provide IT support on a busy helpdesk to the Central Office, Manufacturing and Logistics sites and all Retail Stores. You will work as a team to identify and resolve issues and provide monitoring of business critical systems.
The work pattern for this role is:
7.5 hours daily on one of three patterns (07:00 - 15:00, 08:00 - 16:00, 09:00 - 17:00)
1 Weekend out of 3 working 1 day 07:00 - 15:00 (with day off in Lieu)
On call for Business critical calls on a rotation basis.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service.
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
1. To analyse and resolve internal customers’ IT problems, ensuring that activity undertaken ultimately contributes to internal and external customer satisfaction.
2. To be responsible for routine IT administration tasks and ensure that they are carried out accurately, professionally and within time limits to ensure the smooth running of the department.
3. To manage, enhance and develop Booths' relationship with outsourcing partners in order to achieve strategic objectives and maintain a working relationship based on respect.
4. To achieve and maintain professional standards across all aspects of the role in respect of work undertaken, timescales adhered to and dealings with staff at all levels of the business in a manner appropriate to their business needs.
5. To have detailed knowledge of the business and the systems that support the business.
6. To escalate support calls internally and externally as appropriate.
7. To work with outsourcing partners and other members of the IT team to solve any faults quickly and effectively.
8. To work pro-actively in assessing systems/data to predict potential problems and timely solutions.
9. To be involved in projects from start to end including system testing while ensuring that all releases are of a high standard, well tested and that there is no negative impact to internal and external customers.
You need to show us that you have the following:
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent - Essential
Educated to degree level - Desirable
At least 2 years’ experience of a busy helpdesk - Desirable
Knowledge of Warehouse Management Software - Desirable
Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision - Desirable
Knowledge of Business Objects or other Management Information products - Desirable
Knowledge of the Retail sector - Desirable
Knowledge of Networking; Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS, DHCP, MS IIS, VPN and WiFi - Desirable
Knowledge of Hardware; PC, Macs, Printers, Routers, Tablets, Hand Held Terminals - Desirable
Knowledge of Operating Systems; Windows, IOS - Desirable
Knowledge of Software; MS Exchange, IIS, SOPHOS Anti Virus, Microsoft Office - Desirable
Knowledge of ITIL - Desirable
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - Essential
Excellent Organisational Skills - Essential
Attention to detail - Essential
Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver projects on time - Essential
Ability to work as part of a multi disciplined team - Essential
Ability to prioritise issues under pressure and deal with customers in a calm and supportive manner - Essential
Behaviours: All Essential
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..