- Central Office - Preston
- Central Office
- 37.5 hours per week
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
The Booths IT team is small and dynamic and needs a .NET developer/analyst to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work on all elements of the software development life cycle; working closely with stakeholders to create innovative solutions. The role is centred around our Warehouse Management System (WMS) but there are opportunities to create and maintain other .NET applications.
You will need to have great technical skills and be able to communicate effectively with colleagues in all areas of the business. You must have excellent attention to detail and an ability to manage your time well.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service with 20% off all purchases
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
1. To manage, enhance and develop Booths relationships with outsourcing partners in order to achieve strategic objectives whilst initiating and maintaining a working relationship based on mutual co-operation and respect.
2. To analyse elements of business practice, produce a functional review to ensure full understanding of current operations.
3. To develop and test, using appropriate tools, an effective solution to meet the previously analysed business needs.
4. To implement a solution paying particular attention to minimising business disruption and maximising user acceptance.
5. To review new and existing developments regularly and ensure a process of continuous improvements.
6. To be an active member of the IT team ensuring that support and co-operation is given to other members to assist in the achievement of departmental objectives
7. To provide necessary support and guidance to colleagues in the IT department, Central Office, Distribution and Stores as required, ensuring that the IT function supports the continued smooth running of the business including out of hours support.
8. To communicate effectively with the IT Manager on a regular basis to keep him/her informed on current issues and to communicate effectively with other members of the IT Department to ensure effective working relationships are maintained and departmental objectives are met.
You need to show us that you have the following:
Knowledge of Warehouse Management Software/Grocery/FMCG/Supply Chain environments.
Knowledge of the Retail sector.
Experience and understanding of major and minor project implementation.
Knowledge of Business Objects or other Management Information products would be an advantage.
Experience and Qualifications:
At least 5 years .NET development experience.
MS Office Integration
Ability to interpret information by logically breaking down problems into their essential elements.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Excellent organisational skills.
Attention to detail.
Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver projects on time.
Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
Ability to prioritise issues under pressure and deal with customers in a calm and supportive manner.
Enthusiasm for the brand and sector.
A flexible can do attitude.
Ability to interact at all levels within the business.
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..