- Bluebell Way - Preston
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
We are looking for a Night Loading Operative to work at our distribution site at Bluebell Way.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service with 10% off our licensed department and 15% off all other departments in store.
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
1. To ensure activity undertaken ultimately contributes to internal and external customer satisfaction.
2. To present a smart and professional image at all times.
3. Help to promote and encourage the spirit of teamwork within the loading team and to ensure support of your colleagues.
4. To ensure each load is fully secured using restraints provided.
5. Ensure that goods are loaded as specified in the loading documentation or as directed by your team leader and that temperature of vehicle is applicable to the goods being loaded.
6. To be aware of the importance of Health and Safety issues and to endeavour to work safely at all times , reporting any machinery or equipment defects to the supervisor.
7. Ensure all cages loaded out are stacked safely and in good working order.
8. Report to management any goods that are not labelled, insecurely stacked or loaded on damaged unitainers.
9. To observe and assist in the security of the warehouse environment.
10. Ensure that the loading and distribution area and yard is clean and tidy at all times and that hygiene standards are maintained at the required level.
You need to show us that you have the following:
(E) Essential (D) Desirable
1. Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations (E)
2. Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) clearly and confidently (E)
3. Ability to act on own initiative (E)
4. Ability to meet deadlines (E)
5. Smart Appearance: professional presentation (E)
6. Personable: presents a likeable image with the ability to establish a rapport easily (E)
7. Flexibility: ability to demonstrate a flexible attitude to work, and working hours (E)
8. Willing to undertake required training for the role (E)
9. Positive Attitude: promoting & engaging in the company’s strategic objectives (E)
10. Experience of working in a temperature controlled delivery environment (E)
11. Experience of working at night (D)
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..