- £7.83 per hour + additional night allowance
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Please note that we can only accept candidates over the age of 18 as the role requires working before 6am and after 10pm.
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
Working as Customer Assistant within our Trading department you will have a passion to deliver exceptional service and store standards. Your shift will be filled with a variety of interesting tasks such as stock replenishment, creative displays, price checking, date checking, stocktaking and keeping records to looking after health & safety and food hygiene. Our customers will be your main focus, and everything you do will be with their shopping experience in mind. If they're happy, then we're happy - and that's what Booths is all about. You don't need retail experience to join our family. But you do need to be the kind of warm, friendly person who can shine in front of our customers and fit comfortably into a hard working close team.
Shifts required -
Wednesday 9pm- 6am
Saturday 10pm- 7am
Total = 39 hours
The additional night allowance is applicable between the hours of 00:00 and 05:00, during this time (excluding 1 hour for lunch break) you will paid at a rate of time and 1/3, equating to £10.44 per hour.
You will also be requested to complete a night worker health questionnaire.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service with 20% off all purchases
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
You will be responsible for the following:
Professionally dealing with all our customer enquiries
Ensuring that goods are displayed to company standards
Taking part in quarterly stock takes
Maintaing all required records accurately
Ensuring that goods are rotated and handled with care to minimise damages
Complying fully with food hygiene and health and safety requirements at all times
You need to show us that you have the following:
1. Knowledge of Booths (essential)
2. Knowledge of the retail trade (desirable)
3. Ability to communicate clearly and confidently (essential)
4. Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively (essential)
5. Ability to serve customers in a friendly, polite and approachable manner (essential)
6. Ability to demonstrate a flexible attitude to work, and working hours (essential)
7. Experience of working in a retail environment (desirable)
8. Experience of working in food retail (desirable)
9. Experience of working in a team situation (essential)
10. Experience or working in a customer service environment (desirable)
GCSE Maths & English grades A-C or equivalent (desirable)
Basic Food Hygiene certificate (desirable)
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..