- Riversway - Preston
- Central Office
- 40 per week
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
So as Quality Controller you will be responsible for checking the quality of all Fresh Produce received into depot against specification and working with internal Booths Quality processes. Additionally, to assist in shelf life, benchmarking and liaising with other departments to continually improve our produce quality standards
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
1. To check and record quality of incoming fresh produce (salads, vegetables, fruit and nuts) at goods-in and of stock held against specifications and durability date for retail, catering and manufacturing raw materials.
2. Maintain accurate recording quality information onto systems, including benchmarking and shelf life.
3. To maintain effective communication with all Colleagues from other departments to provide a helpful and efficient service, raising quality issues promptly through the correct channels.
4. To undertake any training and development required to maintain effectiveness in your role.
5. To achieve and maintain professional quality standards across all aspects of the role
6. Strive to continually improve processes and quality.
7. Promoting a positive culture across our business for managing quality.
8. Maintaining the assessment of products against benchmark(s) and other retail brands to ensure Booths brand is the leading best.
9. To maintain Health & Safety and hygiene issues within the workplace at all times.
10. To demonstrate and role model the Booths Purpose.
You need to show us that you have the following:
D- Desirable E-Essential
Relevant Quality Qualification D
Health and Safety Qualification D
Food Hygiene Certificate
Quality Control & Quality Management Systems E
Warehouse practices & procedures D
Knowledge of Fruit and Vegetables E
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing E
Ability to plan and organise work effectively and efficiently adhering to deadlines E
Completion of technical records E
Experience of working in a Warehouse environment E
Experience of working in Retail E
Experience of working in a team E
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..