- Central Office - Preston
- Central Office
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
The purpose of the role is to support all aspects of commercial decision-making, by delivering effective and timely financial insight, challenge and reporting to help maximise sales, profit and ROI, in turn shaping the strategic direction of the business.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service with 20% off all purchases
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
1. To support your Retail Finance Business Partner in all aspects of their financial decision making by becoming involved in planning and performance analysis to ensure the delivery of financial targets.
2. Responsible for providing sound financial appraisals, including projects, and a number of value-add work streams that will help your part of the business achieve and exceed its targets.
3. As part of the core Finance team you will support the Finance Director and your business area, advising on performance but also being responsible for communicating project progress, financial benefits or outcomes pertinent to your area.
4. As the face of Finance to your stakeholders, you will need to assist in the budgeting process for your area, but also provide training and tools to raise commercial awareness and improve decision-making, landing key messages aligned with the wider business agenda.
5. To provide a strong financial control environment, working within the relevant financial standards and helping non-finance teams adhere to process.
6. You will provide the necessary challenge and exacting standards to ensure the robustness of your figures. You will need to ensure that we remain compliant to all relevant financial accounting standards and advise your Business areas as required.
7. To demonstrate and role model the Booths values
You need to show us that you have the following:
Accounting principles & procedures
Current financial technical knowledge
Great communication skills able to influence audiences of varying financial and commercial backgrounds
High levels of pace, energy and resilience
A self-starter, and a strong team player that can work independently, spotting the areas to focus on and assisting in the decision making process
Lead motivate and inspire the team
Strong eye for detail and a passion for accuracy
Circa 2 years post qualified experience.
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..