- Central Office - Preston
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality shop fitting solutions across our estate of stores and sites in a safe and effective manner.
This role will cover stores throughout the North West including Cumbria, Lancashire, Cheshire and Yorkshire.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service with 20% off all purchases
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
1. Organise, supervise and co-ordinate all works on site(s) safely and within the required timescales, providing clear channels of communication to all stakeholders.
2. Supervise Health and Safety of the project
3. Supervise Contractors to ensure the minimum impact on the Company’s operations.
4. Act as the single point of contact.
5. Support the Project Manager in terms of the department strategy.
6. Identify customer needs in development proposals to minimize customer impact.
7. Plan and supervise works efficiently in order to achieve best value for the Company.
8. To undertake any training & development required to maintain effectiveness in your role.
9. To assist in ensuring the site you are operating on is secure at all times.
10. Produce weekly detailed timesheets for department. recharge
11. Carry out manufacturing tasks in the workshop as required.
12. Carry out maintenance tasks as required
13. To carry out any other “reasonable” duties as required by your Manager.
14. To demonstrate and role model the Booths values.
15. As a Company vehicle user you may be required, on occasion, to be available for emergency call outs.
You need to show us that you have the following:
Relevant trade qualification
NVQ Level 3 or equivalent or work history E
Health & Safety – IOSH certificate E
Driving license E
Food Hygiene E
Building (M & E) basic understanding E
Mechanical Plant and Equipment D
Management of contractors E
Understand constructions drawings E
IT Skills E
Planning / Co-ordination E
Prioritise workload E
Ability to challenge standards E
Supervision of contractors E
2 years Health and Safety Management experience D
5 years practical trade experience E
Making Decisions E
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..