- Central Office - Preston
- Central Office
- 37.5 per week
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
Managing and leading the Space, Range & Merchandising team, this is an exciting role providing expert support for the Trading, Supply, Estates and Retail teams in all areas that will affect space, range or the presentation of our products to our customers.
It involves driving the on-going development of merchandising techniques through market and consumer insight and acting as a companywide point of expertise on merchandising.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service with 20% off all purchases
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
1. To create and manage the space planning recommendations for the store portfolio, ensuring space allocation for new and refurbished stores reflects the future needs of the business and compliments each store’s layout.
2. To create and manage a store profiling system, allowing for the creation and maintenance of the store specific ranging and planograms in conjunction with the Buying and Supply teams.
3. To optimise shelf capacity based on the required stock holding to maximise sales and cash profit (incl. KSL) whilst minimising inventory.
4. Manage the accurate capture of all product and fixture dimensions.
5. Review and plan for all promotional and seasonal changes.
6. To communicate effectively with the Space and Supply Manager and peers, keeping them informed on all aspects of space, range and merchandising.
7. To understand all relevant IT systems (e.g., Relex, Data Warehouse, MS Dynamics NAV, Sharepoint / Intranet and VBoo), to shape as required and to suggest and assist in the design and testing to make continuous improvements.
8. To lead or support in the development of any projects as required by the business.
9. To manage the Space and Merchandising team, leading and developing them to be the best they can be.
You need to show us that you have the following:
Degree level - D
Working knowledge of Space Planning (Micro and Macro) software, practices and principles - E
Knowledge of SAP or DW systems - E
Knowledge of Supply Chain principles - D
Knowledge of ordering and forecasting systems - D
Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) clearly and confidently with all levels - E
Ability to plan and organise work effectively - E
Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines - E
Ability to successfully coach teams into meeting personal and business goals - E
Experience of working in a Space, Range and Merchandising environment - E
Experience of working in an Supply Chain environment - D
Experience of leading and coaching a team - E
Experience of leading or participating in projects - E
Experience of working in a customer service environment - E
E = Essential, D = Desirable
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..