- Bluebell Way - Preston
- 39 hours a week working Monday to Friday afternoons 15.00 to 23.30
- Vacancy Type
- Closing Date
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
As a Warehouse Operative, you'll have an important role to play as part of a team that ensures our customers receive the products they want and when they want them. You will take care of our goods, and assemble orders correctly – keeping a close eye on quality at all times. You will also pay great attention to safety and hygiene as part of a close team, making sure the warehouse and yard are clean, tidy and secure at all times.
Ideally you will have warehouse experience, and certainly a Level 2 qualification in Health & Safety. But most importantly you will care about your work, and about the team you work with. That is how we do things in the Booths family.
1. To be aware of the importance of Health and Safety issues and to endeavour to work safely at all times, reporting any machinery or equipment defects to the supervisor.
2. To assemble orders following company procedures working within the guidelines of the Distribution manual.
3. Ensure the quality of picking is to the Company standards.
4. Ensure that goods are picked as specified in the documentation.
5. Ensure that goods are kept safely and securely in the correct designated areas.
6. Ensure that the warehouse, distribution area and yard is clean and tidy at all times and that hygiene standards are maintained at the required level.
7. Help to promote and encourage the spirit of teamwork within Ambient Distribution and support your colleagues.
8. Ensure working practices with regard to your working area are in line with company policy, food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
9. Present a smart presentable image at all times.
10. To demonstrate and role model the Booths Purpose.
You need to show us that you have the following:
1. Knowledge of warehouse practices and procedures.
2. Experience of working in a warehouse environment
3. Experience of working independently as well as within a team
4. Statutory regulations with regard to Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
5. Interpersonal Skills: ability to communicate verbally in a clear and effective way and in a manner appropriate to the situation.
6. Numerical Skills – ability to cross check numerical information
7. Smart and professional presentation
8. Willing to undertake any required training for the role
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..